CEIS is coordinator of the Terrorists in Europe Targeting Railway Infrastructures (TETRIS) project. TETRIS aims to better understand the nature of the terrorist threat targeting railway infrastructures. This European project will include organising a crisis management exercise that simulates a terrorist attack. The objective is to support the training of players involved in managing the consequences of these attacks and offer innovative tools to analyse this threat.
TETRIS brings together within a single consortium:
- The Foundation for Strategic Research (FRS)
- The International Union of Railways (UIC)
- CRISE, an SME offering 3D simulation software to train crisis management players
- The Frederikssund-Halsnæs Fire & Rescue Service (FHFRS), a Danish civil security service
TETRIS is a continuation of CRIME and SAFIRE, projects previously carried out by CEIS in the field of violent radicalisation and terrorism. This project was co-funded by the DG HOME of the European Commission as part of the CIPS programme.
- 24/09/2015: [TETRIS Project] Second Working Seminar on the Terrorism Threat Against Railway Infrastructures
- 28/08/2015: [Report] The Terrorist Threat on Trains and Against Railway Infrastructures
- 14/04/2015: [TETRIS Project] Successful Workshop Brings More Than 30 End Users in Brussels to Discuss the Terrorist Threat Against the Rail Sector
- 24/02/2015: [TETRIS Project] Workshop on Terrorism Against Railway Infrastructures — Brussels, 2 April 2015